Queens Daily Photo

A Photo Blog of the NYC Borough of Queens.

16 November, 2006

JFK: Where NY Greets the World

Queens is home to both of NYC's airports: JFK and La Guardia. JFK International Airport is located by Jamaica in southern Queens. It's quite a big airport with 9 Terminals (1 is vacant - Terminal 5 formerly TWA) . Almost 100 airlines from 50 countries operate flights in JFK. A word of advise: if you ever fly to JFK do not fly Delta. They have the worst terminal where Arrivals/Departures/Domestic/International are piled together. Terminal 1 (pictured above) is my favourite as it takes me to all the places I care to go to :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

It's really too bad that the TWA terminal is vacant; I've always loved the design of it. Airports energize me and you captured this well! I used to like hanging around waiting for my friends or family either to leave or arrive, but the fun has been taken out of that activity since 9/11.

16 November, 2006 09:37  
Blogger Olivier said...

JFK que de bon souvenir, c'est là où j'ais decouvert New York la 1ere fois. Un grand moment.

16 November, 2006 11:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home